I specialise in frontend web development, with a focus on accessibility and security.
Building websites has been my hobby since I was 10 years old. I pride myself on having gained an advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 throughout my life.
I love the internet, but I know it can be better. I admit that the web can and should become more accessible in a wider variety of contexts. It should also do so without sacrificing user privacy. As a result, I am always eager to develop my competencies into broader areas of the development stack whilst staying true to these values.
This website is intended to serve as a central point to bring together my portfolio, projects, writing and links from across the web into one place.
- 2016 – Present: Content Writer, The Tipping Point. I am now a regular new-music writer at Generator’s ‘Tipping Point’ blog. Examples of my writing can be found on my Tipping Point writers page.
- 2015 – 2016: Managing Director, Stylometric. Formed to provide creative & administrative services to music-industry clients. I provide design, branding, scheduling, marketing, record label management & administration. Clients include Black Rock Records, MVMT, Nu Depth Recordings, Rumpsheyka and many more.
- 2014 – 2015: Head of Design, Vote ADAM Campaign. I worked closely with Beki Adam as part of her campaign team in the 2015 general election. Beki was running as an independent candidate in the Mid-Sussex area.
- 2014 – 2015: Marketing, AMPsuite. I provided marketing support for AMPsuite, a SaaS for record labels & music businesses, creating written, video & email content. I wrote a usage manual & online-help system and also helped customers solve problems, advising on best practices by telephone and Skype.
- 2010 – Present: Managing Director, Vestige Media. Vestige offers practical, no-nonsense web & graphic design, marketing and administrative solutions globally to a range of SMEs. Clients include Rakuten Attribution, Bad Ass Advisors, Portmanteau Agency and many more.
- 2009 – 2015: Record Label Manager, Supreme Music Ltd. I oversaw all product scheduling, designing 600+ pieces of product & marketing artwork whilst managing many album & single products from start to finish. I was responsible for product schedule, artist contracts, help-desk, customer order fulfilment, marketing and video editing. I was interviewed about my role as label manager in the lead-feature of issue 119, Sandbox magazine.
- 2009 – 2011: Launched music-show ‘Yell Yell Yellow’ and talk-show ‘Allergy Advice’ podcasts. Worked as a DJ in various nightclubs across Brighton & Hove, England.
- 2009 – 2010: Edited and designed printed multimedia magazines ‘Cake’ and ‘Take a Slice’. Filmed & editing short-film ‘Get Innocuous’.
- 2007 – 2010: Sales Associate at various retailers: Marks & Spencer (5 months), Boots UK (3 months), GAME Digital PLC (2 years, 6 months).
- 2007 – 2009: Created, wrote and edited video-games news website ‘8bit Hero!’
- 2006: Created, hosted and curated ‘The Brighton Podcast’, a local music radio show released monthly.
- 2004: Work experience at E-bloc, Brighton. I helped design adverts for an and upgrade the code for the ‘Disney Princess’ web site. I worked with HTML and Flash Actionscript.
- 2004 – 2005: Rebranded Epee Studios into a video-editing business. Purchased a video camcorder and edited short-films.
- 2001 – 2004: Founded ‘Epee Studios’: a video-game production studio, producing Role-playing computer games for the PC.
- 1999: Created my first website, begun to practice web design, totally self-taught, in my spare time.
- Graphic Design for Digital or Print.
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Sketch, Coda + more.
- Book keeping & Accounts.
- Video Editing (I use Premiere Pro).
- Audio Mastering & Editing (I use Logic Pro).
- Copywriting & Journalism. Typing speed: 95 wpm with no errors. I love using Markdown.
- Social Media & Content Marketing
- Record Label Management: I have managed product releases for record labels from start to finish for many years.
- I can probably answer any of your technical questions about Apple devices, and many about Windows Desktop platforms. I’ve also recently started using Linux.
Education & Training
- 2012 – 2015: The Open University. Diploma of Higher Education — Social Science.
- 2011: Completed cocktail bartending training at Shaker UK, London.
- 2007 – 2009: Northbrook College Sussex. Higher National Diploma — Media (Journalism).
- 2005 – 2007: Brighton Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College. A Levels: Computing, English Literature, Film Studies. AS Level: Business Studies.
- 2000 – 2005: Blatchington Mill School. GCSE: 7 A*- C, GNVQ: Information and communications technology (ICT).
Hobbies & Interests
- Co-run & organise events for the North East Graphic Designers and Music Industry Hub groups.
- Video gaming history, in particular Nintendo and JRPGs such as the Final Fantasy series.
- Backing up: You can never have enough hard drives filled with back-ups!
- Hiking & Camping.
I am available for interviews, debate and radio/podcast appearances.