I am passionate about helping others make their dreams a reality. Motivated by an indomitable will to get the job done and a slavish attention to detail. I seek to enable project managers, business owners, and entrepreneurs a reliable, creative & technical resource.
My goal is to gift others the most valued commodity in the world: Time. Time to spend shaping and developing the success of your business.
I also really like breakfast foods.
This website is intended to serve as a central point to bring together my businesses, projects, writing and links from across the web into one place. You can find links to my work, projects and portfolio, as well as content I have published on this website and elsewhere.
- 2016 – Present: Content Writer, The Tipping Point. I am now a regular new-music writer at Generator’s ‘Tipping Point’ blog. Examples of my writing can be found on my Tipping Point writers page.
- 2015 – 2016: Managing Director, Stylometric. Formed to provide creative & administrative services to music-industry clients. I provide design, branding, scheduling, marketing, record label management & administration. Clients include Black Rock Records, MVMT, Nu Depth Recordings, Rumpsheyka and many more.
- 2014 – 2015: Head of Design, Vote ADAM Campaign. I worked closely with Beki Adam as part of her campaign team in the 2015 general election. Beki was running as an independent candidate in the Mid-Sussex area.
- 2014 – 2015: Marketing, AMPsuite. I provided marketing support for AMPsuite, a SaaS for record labels & music businesses, creating written, video & email content. I wrote a usage manual & online-help system and also helped customers solve problems, advising on best practices by telephone and Skype.
- 2010 – Present: Managing Director, Vestige Media. Vestige offers practical, no-nonsense web & graphic design, marketing and administrative solutions globally to a range of SMEs. Clients include Rakuten Attribution, Bad Ass Advisors, Portmanteau Agency and many more.
- 2009 – 2015: Record Label Manager, Supreme Music Ltd. I oversaw all product scheduling, designing 600+ pieces of product & marketing artwork whilst managing many album & single products from start to finish. I was responsible for product schedule, artist contracts, help-desk, customer order fulfilment, marketing and video editing. I was interviewed about my role as label manager in the lead-feature of issue 119, Sandbox magazine.
- 2009 – 2011: Launched music-show ‘Yell Yell Yellow’ and talk-show ‘Allergy Advice’ podcasts. Worked as a DJ in various nightclubs across Brighton & Hove, England.
- 2009 – 2010: Edited and designed printed multimedia magazines ‘Cake’ and ‘Take a Slice’. Filmed & editing short-film ‘Get Innocuous’.
- 2007 – 2010: Sales Associate at various retailers: Marks & Spencer (5 months), Boots UK (3 months), GAME Digital PLC (2 years, 6 months).
- 2007 – 2009: Created, wrote and edited video-games news website ‘8bit Hero!’
- 2006: Created, hosted and curated ‘The Brighton Podcast’, a local music radio show released monthly.
- 2004: Work experience at E-bloc, Brighton. I helped design adverts for an and upgrade the code for the ‘Disney Princess’ web site. I worked with HTML and Flash Actionscript.
- 2004 – 2005: Rebranded Epee Studios into a video-editing business. Purchased a video camcorder and edited short-films.
- 2001 – 2004: Founded ‘Epee Studios’: a video-game production studio, producing Role-playing computer games for the PC.
- 1999: Created my first website, begun to practice web design, totally self-taught, in my spare time.
- Graphic Design for Digital or Print.
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Sketch, Coda + more.
- Book keeping & Accounts.
- Video Editing (I use Premiere Pro).
- Audio Mastering & Editing (I use Logic Pro).
- Copywriting & Journalism. Typing speed: 95 wpm with no errors. I love using Markdown.
- Social Media & Content Marketing
- Record Label Management: I have managed product releases for record labels from start to finish for many years.
- I can probably answer any of your technical questions about Apple devices, and many about Windows Desktop platforms. I’ve also recently started using Linux.
Education & Training
- 2012 – 2015: The Open University. Diploma of Higher Education — Social Science.
- 2011: Completed cocktail bartending training at Shaker UK, London.
- 2007 – 2009: Northbrook College Sussex. Higher National Diploma — Media (Journalism).
- 2005 – 2007: Brighton Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College. A Levels: Computing, English Literature, Film Studies. AS Level: Business Studies.
- 2000 – 2005: Blatchington Mill School. GCSE: 7 A*- C, GNVQ: Information and communications technology (ICT).
Hobbies & Interests
- Co-run & organise events for the North East Graphic Designers and Music Industry Hub groups.
- Video gaming history, in particular Nintendo and JRPGs such as the Final Fantasy series.
- Backing up: You can never have enough hard drives filled with back-ups!
- Hiking & Camping.
I am available for interviews, debate and radio/podcast appearances.